Friday 26 July 2013

One "Flu" over the humans' Nose


A slight tickle. An uneasy irritation. A sneeze. And that’s how from the nose you trickle!!!!

Ladies and Gents,
Presenting…The Common Cold!

Well, you must have really affected me to such an extent that I find myself writing about you. Yes You! The omnipresent virus that wreaks havoc with every humans’ olfactory and auditory senses.

You Came (God Knows through which route or through which vector); You Saw (That I was vulnerable and seemed hospitable for you to settle in) and of course, You Conquered! (My white blood cells were at the receiving end of your conquest and were defeated thusly!) Ah! The perfect place to feel nestled and at home! (quite literally!) for you was inside me where you could breed and start messing around.

Tch. Tch. There is nothing to feel proud about my outright description of your shenanigans. But hey! Isn't this what you are so adept at? This is YOU! I am sure many will concur with me on the above.
Sniffles, wheezes, coughs would definitely be the order of the day in your world. Ohh! Let me rephrase that. These words would be music to your ears, definitely. In some part of the world, when some mortal soul sniffles or coughs, I’m sure you must be throwing a party in that honour! “Yay! One down and numerous more to go!!! Wouldn't that be your war cry of sorts?!”

Here I shall take the liberty to tweak the lyrics of a famous Backstreet Boys song. It goes somewhat like this:
Tell me why
You give me nothing but a headache
Tell me why
You ain't nothing but a mistake
Tell me why
I really wanna hear myself say
I want you to GO AWAYYYY!!!!!!

And so D(ear)-Cold, as you read this piece, I am busy joining the forces of the Vitamin Cs, the lemon juice, oranges, chicken soup, haldi doodh and the antibiotics that shall come together (one way or another) to DESTROY you!!! And then I shall feel vindicated. The day when my nose would stop being a leaky faucet would be celebrated as “Independence Day”!! Now excuse me, while I go and make myself a lemon juice.

With deep and *cough cough* hate emotions,
Sincerely yours,
The *Afflicted* Human.


1 comment: